Have you tried super delicious Apple Cinnamon Pork Chop?!


Shopping in another chill raining day in open market was not a pleasant thing. I didn't get too much thought, just grabbed things I need as usual. I double checked shopping list in my mind: Chinese cabbage, carrots, cucumber and mushroom. Two different kinds of fruit, kiwi and apple.Two kilos of apple should be sufficient for one week supply. I took Royal Gala rather than Elstar this time. The first thing I wanted to do was took a fresh bite of lovely Gala apple when I got home. It turned out with disappointment because it was not as crunchy and juicy as I expected. I was raised and taught that, no matter what, we should always carry full of contentment upon the food we have. Being a great cook needs to know how to play magic on ingredient to satisfy taste bud.

I fancy and love the way European taking good use of fruit to bring out its best flavor together with main ingredients. I had braised spring squab with grapes for xmas dinner with friend's family two years ago and I can still taste that incredible flavor dancing in my mouth. Cranberry duck always draw my attention and it is on the top of my must-do recipe list. The more I think of possible combination, the more excitement I get.

I believe no one would against the combination of apple and cinnamon when it comes to luxurious apple tart or apple pie. Why not dare to make your dinner with this perfect match? I believe you will totally on my side to love this apple cinnamon pork chop after trying this recipe. I heard some voice from friends saying they do not have much time preparing complex dinner, what they really appreciate is simple, quick and tasty meal. This recipe is designed for people who have less than 10 mins standing in the kitchen to cook but still desire to have warmmy hearty home-made dinner in chill autumn (or should I call it winter already given it is around 5 degrees which is winter for Taiwanese:)). All you need is a crockpot or a rice cooker. I personally love the later one, life becomes so much easier if you have one Tatung rice cooker. 9 out of 10 Taiwanese people have one at home especially for those who study/live aboard. When you got home, go to kitchen first for 5 mins preparation time, press one button, you can have a nice dinner served and get things done after 50 mins.

 
 

Ingredients:
1. 2 pork loin chops
2. 3 medium apples (Royal Gala), cored and sliced
3. 1 onion, sliced
4. 3-4 mushroom, sliced
5. 3 garlic cloves, whole with skin
Seasonings:
1. 2 tsp cinnamon
2. 2 Tsp honey
3. 2 Tsp apple vinegar
4. 1/2 tsp rosemary
5. 1/2 tsp thyme
6. 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
7. Salt and ground black pepper for taste
Instructions:
1. Make an envelop by slicing pork loin in the middle without completely cut into have. (skip this step if you want)
2. Sprinkle some salt,cinnamon and black pepper on the pork loin and give a gender massage. Put slice of onion and apple in the envelop.








3. Heat oil pan, fry onion and mushroom until fragrant. Season some salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.*
 

4. Prepare a big bowel, add half fried mushroom and onion in the bottom, followed by pork chop and the rest of apple slices. Add seasoning 1-6,covered by the half of fried mushroom and onion.*
 

5. Add 1 cup water for outer pot. Press the button until it is done. Repeat one more time. Add more salt and black pepper for taste before serve. Serve directly or with potato.**

* For people use the crockpot, fry onion and mushroom directly in the crockpot, add pork and the rest of seasonings on the top. Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
** Steam potato together in the rice cooker could save your effort. Put potato on a separate plate and place on the top of the bowel contains apple cinnamon pork chop.

**More about side dish cucumber**
Slice 1 cucumber as thin as you can, combine with following seasonings thoroughly. Leave in the fridge for half hour.
1. 2 Tsp lemon juice
2, 1 Tsp sugar
3. 1 Tsp honey
4. 1/2 tsp salt

Comments