Early Bird gets the worm! Make your Sunday breakfast a Pumpkin Parsley Pancake!


I got this habit to first drink a cup of warm water after getting out of bed. I believe some of you do the same and heartily believe it does improve your body system and send a signal to your brain -"Time to wake up!". It is much useful and efficient than your alarm which might disappoint you from time to time. After "cleaning up" my body, I will go for fruit, normally its an apple without peeled and one other kind of fruits. I can feel a sense of refreshment flows into my body to pump up my nerve and blood, getting ready to start a brand new day. I fix myself a rather simple breakfast, two pieces of whole-wheat toast with a sunny egg and cup(s) of black coffee (I am still on the way to reduce my caffeine intake and it goes a bit slowly as you can imagine :))

Somehow a delightful scene from the movie "No reservation" pop out in my head this morning - Nick and Zoe are having fun of making pancake together for Kate, the top chef in a fancy french restaurant, in the meanwhile they have to keep her being out of the kitchen, only sit and wait until served. I really like the scene capture the affection and enjoyment of making Sunday breakfast for people you love. 



This inspired me to make a slightly change for today with a fluffy, hearty pancake. I know some people cannot have pancake without melting butter, honey or addictive maple syrup, I would rather stick to my principle to make it light, healthy and still tasty. It is your choice to adore yourself in the way you want and you deserve it!

Ingredients:
1. 3 Tsp all purpose flour
2. 1 cup pumpkin puree
3. 1 egg
4. 1 Tsp milk (optional, depends on the moisture of pumpkin puree)
5. 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
6. 1 baby eggplant, 1 cm thick sliced
7. 1 small tomato, diced, for garnish
8. 1 Tsp olive oil

Seasonings:
1. 1/2 tsp salt

Instructions:
1. Mix flour, pumpkin puree, egg and salt together and slightly beat the batter until all the ingredient are well-combined and smooth.








2. Add parsley into the batter and mix well. The batter should be able slide from the mixer (see below picture), if it is too thick, pour in small amount of milk to adjust. Leave for a few mins 
 

3. Heat the pan and add 1Tsp olive oil, add 1 Tsp of batter and wait until the top of pancake begins to bubble, put one slice of eggplant on the tip, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. The pancake has risen to about 1 cm thick.
 
 

4. Deco with diced tomato and serve warm. Enjoy your lovely Sunday morning.

 

Comments