Happy Friday! Let's do Kimchi pork! Simple Quick and Tasty!


It is kind of my rule to clean up fridge as much as I possible before the trip and refill after, just to make sure I would not be welcomed by rotten or mouldy food when I come back. I did pretty good job for this Berlin trip, everything is under my control except one fresh container hidden in the corner - Kimchi ! (See here to know how to make Taiwanese sesame kimchi )

Kimchi is one of my best friends especially in such a cold day. It can be a side dish for porridge or can be the spotlight for soup even for spicy hotpot. Today I do not want to spoil sunny Friday spending too much time in the kitchen, I want to make it simple, quick, less than 10 mins preparing and cooking, yet warm and tasty to share with my love. Enjoy and happy Friday!

 

Ingredients:
1. 1 small plate kimchi (can be substituted by ready-made kimchi. Adjust the volume according to personal preference)
2. 250 gram pork loin, flat sliced
3. 1 onion, sliced
4. 1 scallion, cut into 5cm long
5. White sesame
 

Seasonings:
1. 1 tsp rice wine
2. 1 TSP chili sauce
3. 2 tsp soy sauce, divided
4. 1 tsp sugar
5. Salt and chili powder for taste

Instructions:
1. Marinate pork with rice wine  and 1 tsp soy sauce , give a good massage and leave for 5 mins
2. Heat oil pan until high temperature, add onion and scallion, stir fry till fragrant.








3. Add pork and cook till the color turns less red.
 

4. Keep the high temperature, add seasonings 2-4, stir fry till aromatic. Add kimchi and combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Cook for 3-5 mins.
 

5. Add salt and chili powder if you prefer heavier savory. Sprinkle white sesame on the top and serve with rice, warm.

 


Comments