Taiwanese street food festival 台味食煮- Day 11 - Sesame Fried Cookie 芝麻煎餅


My baggage to the Netherlands is always filled with Taiwanese ingredients. With no exception this time. I spare 2/3 space for taiwanese noodles, cookies, dessert, soy sauce, favorite can food...etc. I guess you probably have the same situation like me, some snacks you seldom eat suddenly become your daily cravings when you are abroad. My baggage proves it just right! I blew my mind and brought soooo much Taiwanese cookies this time, yet they are consumed much faster than I expected! They are already half gone after one week! How it could possibly be?!!!

I have to find another way to refill my storage before it run out in no time. I have been searching online for recipes which need to be easy for a baking beginner like me and also need to reach my standard being a "Taiwanese snack". And here you go! Sesame Fried Cookie! Everyone grown up in Taiwan will not miss this fried cookies, the gorgeous flavor comes from extra yolk and exotic topping: peanuts, sesame or sea weed powder. It is not as creamy as western-style cookies, yet the crunchy texture release mouthful satisfaction every bite.

Peanut Fried Cookie
Sesame Fried Cookie

















It looks friendly from the recipe (adopted from Caroleasylife) and taste like a heaven in the mouth. This is the very FIRST time baking cookies on my own. I am so proud of the outcome and my roomies also enjoy this special dessert as much I do! Next time I do not have to hunt it with incredible expensive price in the Asia market nor waiting parcel from Taiwan which might be lost in nowhere. The discovery of Sesame Cookie just made my day!! With cup of nice oolong tea, Happy time! 

 

Ingredients: (Serving 15 cookies)
1. 100g all purpose flour, sifted
2. 1 egg and 1 yolk
3. 3 Tsp sugar
4. 20g unsalted butter,melted
5. Handful black sesame

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven at 180c degree.Take a big bowel, add egg, yolk and sugar, beat until it become white-yellow mixture
 

2. Add  melted butter and mix well. Pour in sifted flour in patch. Very gently fold in the sifted flour with a rubber spatula. Pour the rest flour and combine well.
 

3. Fill the batter in a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with a hole cut into the corner).








4. Place baking paper on the baking tray, squeeze batter into a preference size. Sprinkle black sesames on the top.
 

5. Bake with 180c degree for 10 mins. Open the oven and turn the baking tray to make it is colored evenly. Bake another 20 mins at 120 degree until it becomes slightly golden yellow.Serve with oolong or green tea.


Comments